Diversity & Inclusion Policy
Tatar Art Projects understands the value of having a diverse and inclusive workplace environment. Diverse hiring and inclusive environments lead to improved organizational performance, strengthened community engagement and trust, expanded access to global and domestic talent pools, and enhanced innovative competency.
These are the following steps that we take to ensure diversity in hiring and a fair and equitable workplace:
- Promote our employment opportunities in non-traditional locations to reach more diverse applications
- Ensure the language utilized in employment applications is barrier free
- Encourage referrals from minority hires
- To consider gender diversity policies of potential supplier organizations in procurement decisions.
Screening and Interview Process
- Aligning with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Tatar Art Projects will provide accommodations for applicants with visible and invisible disabilities.
- Employing a personality assessment to measure candidates’ personality traits, motivations, and skills.
- Aim to interview an increased number of individuals of diverse backgrounds.
In the Workplace
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognized and valued.
- Creating a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- Providing to the greatest extent possible universal access to safe, inclusive and accessible physical office space that ensures everyone is able to participate and work to his or her full potential.
- Offer staff education and training on diversity issues and cultural competency training to make training, development and progression opportunities available to all staff based on merit.
- Offer flexibility in work arrangements for holidays, customs, family matters, etc.
Diversity & Inclusion – Ongoing Efforts
- Increase management and analysis of inclusion efforts
- Fulfill a diversity audit in 2020 on hiring process and supplier hiring program
- Ensuring that our artist selection panels presents a diverse mix of expertise, experience, skills and backgrounds.